Sunday 30 December 2012

Film review: The Muppets

Jason Segal and his brother, who is a muppet, are massive fans of the muppets. They grab Amy Adams and toddle off to hollywood to visit muppetland. Once there they find that Kermit and his buddies are no longer popular and are selling muppetland to some shifty oil baron whose assistants happen to be muppets. Jason and muppet bro then set about rounding up Kermit and the old gang to put on one last show and save muppetland from the evil baron of oil. There are some fart shoes and rapping and singing and clucking and loads of completely mental stuff that makes us all have warm fuzzy feelings inside.

I cannot express in words how much I loved this film but I will try none the less. This film is bonkers beyond belief but in a brilliant way. There are genuinely parts of the film that make no sense whatsoever but are funny as hell. The rapping scene for instance you just don't see coming but I was wetting myself throughout. Not only is it funny but it is sweet natured and kind hearted just as the muppets are meant to be. The songs are well written, catchy and funny with the cast both human and muppet singing their oversized hearts out. I used to like the muppets when I was a kid so this film helped to bring me back to my childhood and made me feel all innocent again, which for a cynical, miserable bastard like myself is one hell of an achievement. Absolutely brilliant film making.

Verdict: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment