Tuesday 12 February 2013

Film review: A Fantastic Fear Of Everything

Simon Pegg is a writer who cannot afford a haircut and does not understand what washing is. He is apparently afraid of everything and spends a lot of time trying to stab his curtains and other fabric based household items. In between these moments he pops out occasionally to continue being afraid of things that include laundrettes and murderers. I wish I could say more but that is pretty much all that happens.

I love Simon Pegg almost to the point that qualified psychologists would deem unhealthy, see my facebook page for more evidence. Shaun of the dead is one of my favourite all time films and is one of the best british comedies ever made. For the most part he does not do bad films, Star Trek, Mission Impossible 3 & 4, Paul, need I go on. Such a shame then that this is utter tosh. I actually couldn't believe how rubbish it was. It was trying its hardest to channel a Spaced vibe but misses completely and ends up somewhere between a rock and a pile of crap. The story is dull and makes no sense, Simons character is beyond irritating and the jumpy way the film progresses frustrated me no end. I also couldn't fully work out if I was meant to be laughing, if I was then the film failed miserably and if I wasn't then what was the point in the whole thing. Simon you need to stay away from rubbish like this, give Nick Frost and Edgar Wright a ring, pop down the pub for a snifter and start writing yourself another script that doesn't reek of horse faeces.

Verdict: 0.5/5 only because I still love you simon

No comments:

Post a Comment