Tuesday 8 January 2013

Film review: What To Expect When You Are Expecting

A bunch of women are pregnant and/or are expecting children to enter their lives at some point. J'Lo is adopting some african child with her french boyfriend, Cameron Diaz is preggers with that dude from Glees baby and is also looking old, some other woman loves babies and gets pregnant and some young person gets knocked up because she doesn't understand what a condom or a diaphragm is. Through varying degrees of annoyance they all have different things to deal with and all love moaning about it. Chris rock and some other 'funny' men rock up aswell in order to provide some comic relief from all the moaning and for the most part fail miserably. Oh my god, you are joking me??? They all know one another???? Wow thats so original, I honestly haven't seen anything like that before in films such as Love Actually, New Years Eve, Valentines Day and other shite.

This film was tedious at best. The women are all whiny, annoying little shits who find nothing better to do than moan about the situation they are in. I get it pregnancy is difficult but I don't really need it shoved down my throat in the form of sweaty, angry women. The main stories are very irritating and not only that but the sub stories are just as rubbish. The main characters are just as irritating as are the minor characters, special mention must be made for the fat friend of the baby shop owner who I wanted to punch in the face every time she opened her god damn mouth. The only slight relief from the utter dreadfulness is Chris Rock who along with his crew of dads try their hardest to squeeze an ounce of comedy from the film and occasionally succeed but not in the form of a laugh but in the form of 'oh that bit wasn't awful'. I hated this film and it is genuinely one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Verdict: 0.5/5 (the .5 is because I still like Chris Rock despite this mess)

No comments:

Post a Comment